COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT
For concerns or questions, the best way to get help is to join the Precept Online Community group discussion boards of the Bible Study Skills Group. Every online training registrant automatically has access and membership to the appropriate group. Discussion topics will be available on the group discussion board as often as members of the group wish to post. Rules for blog posts are provided on the group page.
Precept Ministries Staff Trainers will regularly review posted questions from the group and provide responses, should they be necessary, within one week or so of posting.
ACCESS AND NAVIGATION
You will need your Precept.org username/email and password to log in to the course. If you have forgotten your password, click here and follow the instructions or click the button in the upper right corner of the Precept Ministries homepage at precept.org entitled “Login or register for your Precept account” and follow the instructions.
For specific instructions on how to navigate the Online Training System, please review the video on the main Precept Online Bible Study Institute page entitled, “How to Use this Training System.”
Our Institute is optimized to work in either a Microsoft Windows or Apple Macintosh Environment. However, for best performance, the following requirements exist:
• Reliable Internet connection – high speed 5MB and greater is recommended.
• Closing other applications on your system to minimize resources will reduce video playback issues and improve page load times.
Additionally, the following hardware and software are necessary:
• Windows operating system (XP or newer)
• Macintosh OS X.
Supported browsers include:
• Google Chrome (recommended)
• Mozilla Firefox
• Internet Explorer (not recommended)
• Internet Explorer 8 is not supported and may not display the Online Training System properly.
• Internet Explorer 9.0.1 users will need to upgrade their browser to the latest version to fix browser compatibility issues. Internet Explorer Browser Compatibility should normally be disabled.
The Online Bible Study Institute can be accessed through a mobile device or tablet, however the Online Training System has not yet been optimized for use with tablets or mobile devices and certain features such as "marking" may not be usable.